My name is Drew Kaufman and I am a graduate of Animal Behavior College where I earned my certification as an ABC Certified Dog Trainer. Animal Behavior College (ABC) is approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education and is an internationally recognized school. My year-long commitment to this program has provided me with a formal education in canine obedience training and an understanding of behavior. My certification, education and experience provide me the skills required to effectively and humanely train your dog while keeping alive the spark that makes your dog so special to you.
As part of my certification requirements, I completed an externship at the Jasper Animal Rescue Mission in Ridgeland, SC.
“Dogs have always been part of my life with my family having pets that included Akitas, Dalmations, Greyhounds and most recently Rhodesian Ridgebacks. And then four years ago I rescued Cassie, a Shepard mix. All of these pets helped me realize my passion for dogs and a desire to better understand animal behavior and to become involved in training”.
In addition to training, Just a Walk in the Park offers the services of dog walking and pet sitting and is a member of Pet Sitters International.
Patience, Care, and Compassion
Every animal has a unique personality and disposition. Because of this, every animal needs to be trained differently. This requires a unique trainer, with a wide range of experience and a wealth of knowledge. Whether you want to train a young or an older pet , you need expert guidance to effectively train your pet. You can count on Just a Walk in the Park to train with love and compassion.
Why choose a professional dog trainer?
1. Drew Kaufman can help you understand the psychology behind successful dog training. If you know why you are using a training method, you will be more likely to stick with your training plan.
2. Drew is certified and stays current with the most effective training methods.
3. The lessons at Just a Walk in the Park will help you to be more organized and effective when training your dog.
4. You will learn the importance of consistency, possibly the most important ingredient in successful training.
5. Just a Walk in the Park sessions are FUN & REWARDING!
6. You have access to expert guidance when problems with your dog arise.
7. Drew Kaufman can help you to understand and choose training devices when appropriate.
8. In the long run, training is far less labor intensive than coping with an
unruly, destructive or annoying dog for the next 10 to 15 years.